Followers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Claire La Faye

I've been anxiously waiting on these images for a few months now. Scott, the photographer, finally got my edits to me tonight and they do not disappoint! These were shot for Claire La Faye's Spring 2010 collection. Claire has a gorgeous selection of clothes and accessories available at Etsy if you want to go check them out.

I drew up several looks based on the sample designs Claire sent me. I kept things simple but tried to add pops of interest here and there with a nice lip color, a little metallic on the eye, interesting hair. On the hair note--I'm usually most comfortable when I work with a hairstylist since hair is by far not my strength. However, for this shoot, Claire didn't want to book a hairstylist so I had to do some extra planning and try to figure out how to make it look like I knew what the heck I was doing! I was actually pleased with how the styling turned out and feel I can now proudly advertise myself as being hair competent (watch THAT one come back to bite me in the future...) I do have to give a shout out to the amazing Kira Pinksi; she is one of my most favorite people ever and I always feel better having her hair expertise with me on a shoot. She has taught me so much in the way of hair and I wouldn't have been able to do this shoot without all the advice she has given me along the way. Kira, I love you! Your bun trick saved my hide on this one :)


Photographer - Scott James
Models - Hailey R., Q6, Andres C., Option Models
Wardrobe, styling, and set design - Claire La Faye
Makeup & Hair - Amy Gillespie














Many thanks to all involved! It was an honor to work with you!

Amy Gillespie, makeup artist, hair, makeup, photography, fashion, beauty, editorial, Claire La Faye, Scott James, model, collection

No comments:

About Me

Amy Gillespie is a Portland, OR based makeup artist specializing in flawless makeup, light hairstyling, and on-set styling for print, film, runway, editorial, and commercial projects. She has enjoyed working with several world class photographers, models, and musicians and her makeup has been published multiple times in international and national magazines, music videos, and websites. She is known for her impeccable makeup, creativity, and instincts as well as, equally important, her laid back personality, good nature, and professionalism. In addition to working as a national makeup artist for cosmetics giant Estee Lauder her background includes MAC Cosmetics, NARS, Dior, and YSL Beauté. She has also studied theatrical and special FX makeup and has been a guest instructor for Mt. Hood Community College's theater students. Amy is available for editorial, commercial, film, and bridal work along the west coast. Please inquire via email for rates on your project. A full resume will be furnished upon request.