Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

oh, the times, they are a-changin'

Up until now, I've basically used this blog to offer quarterly updates (although I feel this estimated frequency may be a tad on the generous side) on some of my gigs and to toot my own horn a little. Basically, I've maintained the blog because I've been told that is what the modern day entrepreneur should be doing. However, more frequency is required for it to be of any beneficial use to myself or any of the fabulously talented individuals to whom I link.

After a random, completely scientific poll on facebook in which the following reading options were offered - updates on my jobs, latest news, etc.; tips & tricks; product recommendations/reviews; current makeup and style as seen in magazines, on the runway, etc. - the results are in! And it seems each of the topics were equally requested meaning this blog will soon be featuring tidbits on a plethora of topics. Please stay tuned and check back regularly! I feel that a goal of blogging once a day is far too lofty for a procrastinator such as myself but I will do my best to be compiling a myriad of topics to discuss and will faithfully (i.e., more than once a quarter) post these things here for your reading pleasure.

Thanks for reading and feel free to submit requests or ideas on anything you'd like to see more of or learn about!


Amy Gillespie, makeup, makeup artist, freelance, fashion, beauty, commercial, editorial, Portland, Oregon, Pacific Northwest, photography, photo shoot, wedding, bridal

No comments:

About Me

Amy Gillespie is a Portland, OR based makeup artist specializing in flawless makeup, light hairstyling, and on-set styling for print, film, runway, editorial, and commercial projects. She has enjoyed working with several world class photographers, models, and musicians and her makeup has been published multiple times in international and national magazines, music videos, and websites. She is known for her impeccable makeup, creativity, and instincts as well as, equally important, her laid back personality, good nature, and professionalism. In addition to working as a national makeup artist for cosmetics giant Estee Lauder her background includes MAC Cosmetics, NARS, Dior, and YSL Beauté. She has also studied theatrical and special FX makeup and has been a guest instructor for Mt. Hood Community College's theater students. Amy is available for editorial, commercial, film, and bridal work along the west coast. Please inquire via email for rates on your project. A full resume will be furnished upon request.